YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST: A smoky “all-hands” blaze sparked by a electrical short circuit destroyed the wooden facade of a Ridgewood office building this morning.
The fire at Gilsenan and Company — realtors, appraisers and property managers –apparently sparked when someone flipped an electrical switch just after 9 a.m., emergency workers told CLIFFVIEW PILOT .
Ridgewood firefighters had the blaze completely out in under a half-hour. No injuries were reported.
Traffic in both directions of East Ridgewood Avenue between Maple Avenue and Cottage Place remained blocked to all traffic while crews worked to clear debris and apply rock salt to portions of the street where water from fire hoses froze.
Fire officials at the scene reported light smoke damage to interior portions of the building.
Ridgewood EMS and Emergency Services Units provided assistance at the scene.
Gilsenan, which has been in business since 1939, provides thousands of commercial and residential rental and sales listings. It also has insurance and property management divisions.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.