- Jason Kesselman of River Vale couldn't recall the words he used Wednesday morning to keep a suicidal man clinging to the outer railing of the George Washington Bridge until police got there.
- Funeral services were scheduled for Friday for Sam Athanas, who owned the landmark Fairview diner The Point for 55 years.
- Lyndhurst business owner Miguel Cosme planned on becoming a police officer or firefighter someday but a video about rolled ice cream changed his life.
- Brianne Deptuch and John Kuder were completing their Tuesday morning workout at a Northvale gym when he suddenly fell behind.
- Emerson's Gianni Mandile and his dad had one more day, after two uneventful outings, to catch a good fish before leaving Long Beach Island. Then the 13-year-old felt his pole really start to shake.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.