One million miles. Three decades. Zero preventable accidents for nearly a dozen North Jersey mail carriers.
To put it in perspective, you would have to travel around the earth 40.1 times to that distance.
Six Hackensack letter carriers -- among nearly a dozen from the area -- achieved just that making them recipients of the National Safety Council’s Million Mile Award:
- Yvette Legette
- Michael Manzo
- Frank Heaney
- Antonio Centron
- Sheila Young
- Bryant McFadden
- Al Tariq Franklin (postmaster)
Other North Jersey carriers being honored include:
- Arthur Andreano – Safety Manager, USPS Northern NJ District
- Stephen Cannon – Safety Spec., USPS Northern NJ District
- Letter Carriers’ Coworkers – USPS So. Hackensack NJ
- Eric Henry – District Manager/A, USPS Northern NJ District
- Maryanne Batten – P.O. Operations Mgr., USPS Northern NJ District
The ceremony will be held Friday, Aug. 24 in South Hackensack.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.