YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: An electrical fire in a second-floor classroom forced the temporary evacuation of Ridgewood High School this morning.
Ridgewood firefighters snuffed the 7:30 a.m. blze with a fire extinguisher, confining it to a malfunctioning electrical heater.
However, smoke spread beyond the affected classroom, so firefighters brought in high-velocity fans.
No injuries were reported, and everyone was able to return around 8 a.m.
Traffic on streets surrounding the school was temporarily jammed but soon returned to normal.
STORY / PHOTO: Boyd A. Loving
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.