BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Bergen County.
- The Ridgewood Planning Board on Tuesday night approved an expansion of The Valley Hospital by a 6-3 vote following two days of public hearings that included comments from several youngsters -- some of them wearing surgical masks.
- A former New Milford and Cresskill firefighter helped rescue a trapped driver from a burning SUV that crashed into a tree in Tenafly late Sunday.
- Transgender students in the Pascack Valley school district could use restrooms and locker rooms based on their gender identity, under a policy reintroduced by the local school board.
- More than 30, life-sized dinosaurs will inhabit Bergen County's Overpeck Park beginning Monday, NJ.com says
- The owner of a Paramus pet shop where authorities found 67 puppies caged outside in a van said Wednesday that there was nothing "illegal, inhumane or uncommon" about the setup.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.