BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Bergen County.
- One by one, a parade of police cars from a host of area law enforcement agencies passed through an otherwise quiet Bergenfield neighborhood Thursday morning -- lights flashing - - granting a dying 5-year-old boy's wish.
- A beloved 5-year-old girl rescued from a ferocious Little Ferry blaze Tuesday night and her grandmother both died on Wednesday.
- Anyone with an emergency in Bergen County will be able to text 911 under a new countywide system, County Executive Jim Tedesco announced Thursday.
- Funeral arrangements have been set for former Don Bosco and University of Louisville football player Brian Roche, 29, of Bogota.
- Bergen County pet rescue organizations are seeking donations for several Louisiana shelters in need of emergency evacuations due to recent flooding.