BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Bergen County.
- A driver quickly got nearly 22 Paramus High School students off a bus minutes before it was consumed by an engine fire.
- A River Vale neighborhood was evacuated and a SWAT team brought in overnight Sunday during a nearly 2½-hour standoff with an emotionally disturbed new borough resident who authorities said screamed: "River Vale police, I'm gonna get you!"
- Forty-six people were arrested in New Jersey, New York and Florida, and $2 million seized, as the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office led a sweep that smashed a large-scale gambling, money laundering and racketeering operation, authorities announced Wednesday.
- Pictures of servicemen and servicewomen adorn the walls of Rich Yanuzzi's Cigar Emporium in Lyndhurst.
- Cookbook guru Annalise Roberts of Mahwah is the go-to source for gluten-free diet information, in age when cookbooks are becoming an endangered species.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.