BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. — Here's a look at the five stories that topped Bergen County news last week.
- A judge ordered an unemployed Wood-Ridge couple held on $250,000 bail each after investigators said they caught them with nearly 20 pounds of heroin worth roughly $540,000 outside a Hasbrouck Heights pharmacy.
- Fair Lawn joined the growing trend of communities nationwide showing support for local police by painting a blue line down Parmelee Avenue between Fair Lawn and Bergen avenues.
- In just three and a half years, Ridgefield Park's Bolero Snort Brewery has the craft beer business by the horns.
- A man who authorities said had a pot-growing operation in a two-story Bronx home that exploded Tuesday morning -- killing an FDNY battalion chief and wounding others -- was being held without bail in the Bergen County Jail after his arrest at his girlfriend's Cliffside Park apartment on Tuesday.
- Rivky Goldin of Teaneck shares her family's recipe for the Sweet Strudle that's become a staple on the Rosh Hashanah table.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.