BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Bergen County.
- A 17-year-old boy shot himself dead in a Hackensack backyard , authorities confirmed.
- Emerson became the first town in Bergen County to ban the sale of puppy mill dogs Tuesday night.
- A day short of his 23rd birthday, a Hackensack man who authorities dubbed the Countdown Bandit was arrested and charged with 10 counts of bank robbery -- thanks to witnesses who saw the getaway car.
- Ann Choi of Palisades Park pours and mixes the ingredients for a banana bubble tea at the new Café Moncher in downtown Allendale.
- Bergenfield police arrested a local man who they said threatened to blow up an elementary school Tuesday morning, prompting a district-wide lockdown, followed by a shelter in place, authorities said.