BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Bergen County.
- A 43-year-old Palisades Park man committed suicide behind a Hackensack bowling alley Thursday morning by lighting charcoal briquettes in a metal pan inside his vehicle, city police told Daily Voice.
- Shock continued to spread and tributes mounted in the hours after Teaneck Mayor Lizette Parker died suddenly on Sunday.
- A 38-year-old Bergen County security officer jumped to his death from the Palisades in Alpine late Friday while talking with officers trying to rescue him, authorities confirmed.
- Stella Tulli of Garfield found true love through Facebook , following following her darkest days after the murder of her sister.
- A driver was hospitalized in critical condition after wrapping his SUV around a sign pole Sunday afternoon outside a southbound Route 17 store.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.