BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Bergen County.
- An Englewood police officer rescued a 66-year-old city man who shot himself in his car in an apparent suicide attempt across from headquarters.
- Voters Tuesday night approved an $11.7 million referendum for improvements at Northern Valley Regional High School at Demarest and Old Tappan by a vote of 2,574 to 1,882.
- A shared service agreement to replace Lincoln School with a new junior high school was unanimously approved by the Lyndhurst Board of Education and Board of Commissioners in a joint meeting Tuesday night at a packed Senior Center.
- Paramus High School wrestler Michael Daniele advanced in the NJSIAA Wrestling Tournament in Atlantic City after battling illnesses that prevented him from competing last year.
- Vincent Cardazone used to hate the Lodi candy store he's owned for 37 years but now he loves being the third generation to run the iconic shop.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.