BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Bergen County.
- Gourmet food truck Eat My Balls specializes in Sicilian Arancini (rice balls) made with all kinds of filings is the brainchild of Elmwood Park resident Cynthia Fasolo and her daughter Rosa and fiance Michael Eichman from Ramsey.
- A 55-year-old Upper Saddle River man died Dec. 29 at St. Barnabas Hospital after he poured an accelerant on himself, set himself ablaze in his backyard and then called 911.
- A Saddle Brook couple whose new television was stolen from their home while it was still in the box got a Christmas Eve surprise when a Hackensack contractor who read their story in Daily Voice bought them an even bigger one.
- An Edgewater man shot his wife and 8-year-old daughter in the back of their heads, then turned the gun on himself in their luxury high-rise on the Hudson River sometime Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, Bergen County Prosecutor John L. Molinelli said late Friday.
- The first female fire chief in River Vale, Kellie Goodell, will be sworn in Jan. 1, also representing the fifth generation in her family to serve the River Vale Volunteer Fire. Her grandfather was sworn in as the town's very first fire chief.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.