BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. -- Here's a look at last week's top stories from around Bergen County.
- More pedestrians died on Routes 4 and 17 than on any other road in Bergen County over a three-year period, according to a non-profit group that wants New Jersey to increase the gas tax to fund transportation safety improvements.
- Transgender students in the Pascack Valley school district will be allowed to use restrooms and locker rooms based on their gender identity, under a policy approved Monday night.
- Park Ridge's Charles S. Hirsch, hailed by some as "the last great untold story of 9/11," died Thursday in Westwood, a result of complications of several illnesses, New York City authorities said.
- Barbara Wollak of Wayne comes for the meatballs and the gravy. Gary Epstein of Rockland makes sure to get the sausage bread whenever he’s in New Jersey.
- Olympic wrestler Jordan Burroughs stood at one end of the red mat in Bergen Catholic's Hoehl Gymnasium on Thursday evening.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.