RIDGEWOOD, N.Y. – The Ridgewood YMCA is looking for golfers interested in teeing off for a good cause.
The organization is hosting its 42nd annual golf outing at the Knicerkbocker Country Club in Tenafly Oct. 5. The YMCA is still looking for sponsors and those who wish to golf.
“The Ridgewood Y Annual Golf Outing is a great day out for all,” said Ken Levitsky, Golf Outing Committee Chairman. “Participants have the opportunity to play golf, see old friends, make new ones, bid on terrific prizes and do something good for the community, all at the same time.”
All money raised benefits the Good Works Program. Through the Good Works Programs, the Ridgewood Y meets community needs and serves everyone, regardless of ability to pay, the organization said.
Examples of the Good Works Programs include:
- Living Strong, Living Well – a fitness program for cancer patients and survivors.
- Delay The Disease – a program designed to introduce the benefits of exercise to people with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Financial support for family memberships and YMCA programs
- Camp scholarships
- Peer-support and grief recovery
- Mentoring program for youths
- Autism and special needs programs
- Free memberships for families of deployed military personnel
- Senior citizens support
- Learn to swim programs for underprivileged youths
The event will conclude with the annual Park Avenue BMW Putt-Off Contest.
“For most of the golfers, the competition ends on their 18th hole. But for the eleven golfers who have qualified for the Park Avenue BMW Putt-Off, the excitement and tension have only just begun," Claydon said. "The grand prize of a free lease on a new BMW makes for a fun filled, knee knocking putting competition”
For more information or to sign up for the YMCA website.