Several Inserra Supermarkets are hosting "going Green" Earth Day events on Friday, April 22 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The first 125 customers with children will receive a free petunia seed to plant at home and any customer bagging his or her groceries in a reusable bag at checkout will be eligible to enter a raffle.
Raffle items include two New York Giants or New York Jets tickets, Apple iPad Air 2, Nest Thermostat, Goal Zero Portable Solar Panel Battery Charging Kit and a Philips Hue LED Lighting Starter Kit.
Participating Bergen County supermarkets include:
- Emerson, 425 Old Hook Road
- Fair Lawn, 17-17 River Road
- Lodi, 175 Main St.
- Lyndhurst, 540 New York Ave.
- Hackensack, 500 S. River St.
- Hillsdale, 372 Broadway
- New Milford, 814 River Road
- Northvale, 246 Livingston St.
- Palisades Park, 201 Roosevelt Place
- Ramsey, 2 Interstate Shopping Center
- Wallington, 375 Paterson Ave.
Participating Passaic County supermarkets include:
- Wayne, 625 Hamburg Turnpike
- West Milford, 23 Marshall Hill Road
Inserra Supermarkets’ ShopRites have been active in environmental and community initiatives for more than three decades. The stores promote grocery bag reuse as reusing, recycling and reducing the number of bags means less trash in landfills and fewer resources needed to create new bags.
Inserra Supermarkets is part of the Wakefern Food Corp., which operates its own recycling center in Elizabeth. The facility has recycled nearly two million tons of materials since its establishment in 1970, which was the year the first Earth Day took place.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.