RIDGEWOOD, N.J. -- If you've been meaning to get out and sample more of the cuisine Ridgewood has to offer -- or just want some great deals -- be sure to check out the upcoming Restaurant Week 2017, which actually spans two weeks.
The Ridgewood Chamber of Commerce's annual event runs from Sunday through Thursday, both Jan. 15-19 and 22-26. For $25.17 a person, the restaurants are preparing a three-course, prix-fixe menu, and the other venues are offering specials of their own.
For example, for that set price, Chestnut Deli & Catering is offering a dinner package for four, for pickup in the store, owner Billy Woods told Daily Voice. Folks can either sign up for the daily specials email or call the day of to get that day's details.
Fish Urban Dining is still working out the final details, but Mike Sarkissian said the general outline was a three-course meal, with choice of appetizer and entree, with one particular dessert.
He said Fish would likely also offer enhancements to the prix-fixe menu, for an additional cost. This is the second year the restaurant has been in operation -- and its second year participating in Restaurant Week. Sarkissian said they've already been taking reservations for those dates, and has one party booked with the Restaurant Week menu in mind.
Here's the full list of restaurants and businesses participating this year. Call ahead to each for details, and reservations, for some.
- A Mano, 24 Franklin Ave., 201-493-2000 -- "A mano" is Italian for "by hand": this restaurant's menu includes Neapolitan pizza, baked in wood-fired ovens, pasta and more.
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, 106 Franklin Ave., 201-689-1122
- Chestnut Deli & Catering, 25 Chestnut St., 201-445-3031 -- This family-run shop has an extensive catering menu, as well as detailed breakfast and lunch menus.
- Cravings Tapas Bistro, 8 Wilsey Square, 201-857-8533 -- This restaurant's menu reflects its "global culinary influences," its website notes, whether in small plates or eclectic entrees.
- Daily Treat Restaurant, 177 E Ridgewood Ave., 201-652-9113 -- This family-owned and -operated restaurant began as a luncheonette in 1963 and now offers a broad menu -- and breakfast all day. Kids are two for one.
- Finca, 20 E. Ridgewood Ave., 201-444-1199 -- This restaurant, which is a sister restaurant to Cravings Tapas Bistro, focuses on small plates to be shared among family and friends.
- Fish Urban Dining, 54 East Ridgewood Ave., 201-857-5151 -- The Ridgewood restaurant is the second Fish location, housed in the renovated building which housed the town's oldest bank.
- It's Greek to Me, 201-612-2600, 21 E. Ridgewood Ave. -- This restaurant, offering both traditional and modern Greek cuisine, is one of nine in the New Jersey chain.
- Kilwins Ridgewood, 121 E Ridgewood Ave., 201-445-4837 -- This candy store is one of over 100 franchise locations of Kilwins, begun by a husband-wife team in Michigan in 1947.
- Latour, 6 E. Ridgewood Ave., 201-445-5056 --The French-American restaurant, owned and operated by chef Michael Latour, was rated "Excellent" by the New York Times and is TripAdvisor's top-rated restaurant in Ridgewood.
- Leon Mexican Cuisine, 16 Chestnut St., 201-857-0297 -- Open for less than a year, this restaurant brags on its "classical Mexican favorites." Its website also notes that its guac, chips and tomato salsa are all prepared on-site, and that its vegetarian dishes truly are vegetarian.
- Lisa's Mediterranean Cuisine, 28 Oak St., 201-251-8686 -- This Mediterranean restaurant focuses on authentic Turkish food and its internet-dwelling patrons nearly uniformly provide glowing reviews.
- Mediterraneo Restaurant, 23 N. Broad St., 201-447-0022 -- In contrast, Mediterraneo explores a range of Mediterranean cooking, "from the shores of Southern Europe to the coast of North Africa," its website notes.
- Novo Mediterranean, 37 Chestnut St., 201-444-4910 -- The third Mediterranean restaurant on the list focuses more on contemporary Mediterranean cuisine, its website notes, emphasizing "locally grown, fresh, seasonal ingredients."
- Park West Tavern, 30 Oak St., 201-445-5400 -- This upscale tavern serves a variety of American fare, with great attention to detail.
- Pearl Restaurant, 201-857-5100, 17 S. Broad St. -- This Italian restaurant says it doesn't use a microwave, fryer or freezer, instread preparing dishes from "only the finest meat, fish and vegetables selected from the market daily."
- Piccolo Bistro, 29 Chestnut St., 201-882-1111 -- Another Italian restaurant, this one also focuses on classic Italian dishes, but also has modern touches -- like delivery via GrubHub.
- Raymond's, 201-445-5125, 101 E. Ridgewood Ave. -- This classic American diner is actually Raymond's second location, the first having opened in Montclair 23 years earlier, in 1989.
- Ridgewood Wine Seller, 201-444-3300, 6 W. Ridgewood Ave. -- This shop features "hand-picked wine discoveries from around the world," as well as spirits and craft beer.
- Roots Steakhouse, 201-445-5125, 17 Chestnut St. -- This is "an old-fashioned New York-style steakhouse," the website notes, and the Ridgewood store is the third and latest location.
- Sakura Bana, 43 Franklin Ave., 201-447-6525 -- This Japanese restaurant is renowned for its sushi. It also delivers to Ridgewood, Glen Rock and Midland Park.
- Steel Wheel Tavern, 51 North Broad St., 201-882-1800 -- This watering hole describes itself as a "neighborhood bar with an eclectic menu of modern American cuisine."
- Super Cellars Fine Wines & Marketplace, 32 S. Broad St., 201-444-0012 -- Whether in person or online, the shop sells "a vast selection of wine ... a nice selection of craft beers and cheeses from all over the world," its Facebook page notes.
- The Office Beer Bar & Grill, 32 Chestnut St., 201-652-1070 -- This venue features an extensive craft-beer menu, in addition to the eats.
- The Sensible Fork, 201-857-8686 -- The Sensible Fork bills itself as a "gourmet health cafe," focusing on fresh, natural ingredients.
- Village Green Restaurant, 36 Prospect St., 201-445-2914 -- This restaurant -- which has uniformly high online reviews -- offers lunch and dinner menus, as well as tasting menus for each.
- White Maple Café, 201-4471953 -- White Maple Cafe describes itself as "a neighborhood restaurant serving contemporary American cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients sourced as locally and sustainably as possible."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.