RIDGEWOOD, N.J. -- The Ridgewood Library announces numerous activities for March, starting with a multimedia lecture about Niagara Falls on Monday.
- Discover how Niagara Falls and the Niagara George formed and have changed throughout the years. Speaker is Kevin Woyce. The March 7 talk begins at 7 p.m.
- Teen Programs YA March Madness Book Brackets is back. Check out the books and vote for favorite titles. Round 1 votes due Monday, March 7 at midnight. Each week you vote, your name will be entered into an end-of-tournament raffle. Click here to vote.
- The Book Circle Book Group will discuss "Mountains Beyond Mountains" by Tracy Kidder, on Wednesday, March 9, from 7-8:30 p.m. led by Lorri Steinbacher.
- The movie "Bend It Like Beckham" (2002; PG-13; 112 min), will be shown on Wednesday, March 9 at 1 p.m. The plot focuses on the daughter of an orthodox Sikh who rebels against her parents’ traditionalism and joins a soccer team. Discussion to follow with Lorri Steinbacher.
- Genealogy consultants provide assistance Wednesday, March 9, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Contact Sarah at HeritageCenter@ridgewoodlibrary.org or 201-670-5600, ext. 135 to make an appointment with a GSBC volunteer.
- The film "The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared" (In Swedish; 2013; R; 114 min), shows on Tuesday, March 8 at 7 p.m. The plot focuses on Allan, a man who misses his colorful life and leaps out his nursing home window to start a journey. Discussion to follow led by Library Director Nancy Greene.
- A talk on Medicare takes place Tuesday, March 15, from 7-8:30 p.m. "Medicare 101: Understanding Medicare and all its Parts," is presented by Sheila Brogan, Eldercare Coordinator for Children’s Aid and Family Services. The event is cosponsored by Ridgewood Parks & Recreation.
The library is located at 125 North Maple Ave.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.